California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Effective and Last Updated: January 14th, 2022
“Do Not Sell My Personal Information” Rights
If you are a California resident, the CCPA may permit you or your authorized agent to opt-out of the “sale” of personal information to third parties. Our Privacy Notice describes the limited circumstances in which we may share your information with third parties.
We do not sell personal information collected through our website or personal information relating to our customers. However based on the CCPA’s broad definition of the term “sale,” our disclosure of specific health care providers’ personal information to our customers regarding their professional background (e.g., medical school, residency, etc.), occupational history (e.g., surgeries/procedures performed, medical devices utilized, etc.), and current place of employment is a sale under the CCPA.
For reference, we only sell the following types of personal information:
· Identifiers (name, NPI, medical specialty)
· Public Educational Information
· Professional or employment-related information
· Inferences drawn from other personal information
To exercise your opt out right (or if you are an authorized agent for a California resident), please contact us via:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 221 Beacon Street, Unit 4, Somerville MA 02143
To submit a verifiable consumer request, you (or your authorized agent) will be asked to:
- Provide your full name, title and designations, phone number, employing institution, business email address
- Provide a link to an existing public profile in your employing institution where that exists
- Provide evidence of authorization / copy of power of attorney where you are an authorized agent of the consumer
- Where a request is made by email, to submit the above information from the consumer’s business email account above, or where you are an agent, copy the consumer on the email sent from your business email account.
Only you (or an authorized agent) may make a verifiable consumer request.